Costa Rica | A guide to everything Costa Rica
Costa Rica Recipes
Flan de Coco al Caramelo
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 6 eggs
- Combine all ingredients in a blender for 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture in caramelized pirex dish and bake in double broiler for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Run knife around edges, to separate from de dish.
- Refrigerate (12 servings).
- In a small saucepan, put the sugar to melt, stirring constantly.
- Pour the caramel on the dish and move it so it distributes evenly.
- If you don't like coconut, it can be omitted.
We welcome submissions of Costa Rican recipes and articles on Costa Rican food as well as your personal adventures and experiences in Costa Rica. Submit your Costa Rican recipes, Costa Rican food and adventure articles using our standard submission form.
Back to Costa Rica Recipes